Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Twist of fate

Remember my last post where I would tell people what the significance of 1st August 2008?Well,the significance is that I finally found the girl that would really make feel happy,loved and appreciated.
I know it sounds corny but the way it happened was really strange.Even for you readers out there would be asking:How in the blue hell did they end up with each other?Or people would be saying "What the fuck?".I ask the same thing too.How it came to be like this was really strange.It's as if it was a scene from the movie The Lake House.Check out IMDB.com if you wanna know more about the movie.The movie is available at video stores near you.
Here's the thing about this.Me and Amy.We've been in the same class for like four years.We see each other almost everyday BUT we've never said hi or say howdy or say wassup,nigga?Never.We started talking when she added me through YM to discuss about accounting theory.That was it.I only talked to her online but never offline.I dunno.Maybe I was shy or maybe I was just not confident enough to go up to a girl like her and say "hey,how are ya?Feeling good today?" or "hey,would you like to hang out with an average Joe like me?"I never had the testicular fortitude to go up to her.
However,things changed.We started chatting almost everyday.Well,she would initiate the conversation first and I'd be the one coming up with the interesting but lame topics.My view of her totally changed.I thought she was like of those untouchable girls where you just can't approach to say "hi" or "howdy?".She's actually rather friendly once you get to know her.So,one day,I asked for her number.The reason for that was it would be easier for me to contact her if I were gonna get married or something.I wasn't into her at all.AT ALL!I was chasing another girl which turned out to be a disaster for me.
After that failed mission,my heart was broken into bits and pieces.I was devastated knowing that I could never get a chance to tell that girl how I felt about her.Somehow,I just text Amy on the phone to tell her how it went.Prior to that incident,I had told Amy about what I'm gonna do that day and she was very supportive.However,I didn't realize that from that moment,I'd be hooked onto her.Never at all.It just kinda hit me.I thought:"Maybe I should tell her what happened.Maybe she can make me feel better."To Wanie:I messaged you too.
From that day,we kinda started to text message each other alot.Then,I remembered there was this one time when Amy told me that she was kinda tired and really wanted somebody to talk to.So,I just gave her a call and we kinda talked on a lotta things that night.However,things ended abruptly because my credit ran out.Just when the conversation was getting interesting,my credit ran out.How embarrassing was that?I was cussing my luck when that happened.
She responded in kind to the situation.She'd call me and I'd call her back.We kinda had a lot in common.Soon,I found myself slowly falling for her.Slowly,my pain was subsiding.I just didn't realize that this one night would be a memorable one. I can't remember much about the details but I still remember these words which started everything:

Amy:You know,if I was interested in a guy,I'd be texting and calling him all the time.I'd still find some time to talk to him no matter how busy I am. (I think that last sentence was made up.)
Azrai:Wait a second!Did you say if you're interested in a guy,you'd do all that?Does that mean you're interested in me?
Amy:No shit,Sherlock?Isn't it obvious that I've been doing all that to show you that I'm interested in you?
Azrai:Well,I didn't notice.I am kinda slow in trying to pickup things.
Amy:Now you know.
Azrai:Even if you didn't tell me that,I would have told you I felt the same way too.
Amy:You're shitting me!(Again,a made up statement just to make this look interesting)
Azrai:Really.To tell you the truth,since these last few days,I kinda felt like that I'm slowly falling for you.I just couldn't help it.I was just not confident that a girl like you would be interested in a guy like me.Just look at you.You're like from Earth and me?A martian.
Amy:Hahahaha

And the rest is history.We didn't meet up to tell each other that we're a couple.C'est bizzare,neh?I dunno.She's just so nice to me on the phone and her voice was just........breathtaking.Seriously,if I continue talking like a mad lovestruck hippie,I'm gonna kick myself in the head.I don't do romantic crap but somehow,she managed to bring it out of me.Slowly.Bit by bit.
Some people might be wondering "Why her?" and why not someone else?She is a much more socialable person than I am.She deserves somebody who's good looking as well as from her world and not me,who by the way does NOT look like Shia Lebeaf and living in another kinda dimension.We lead different lives.Her world looks more interesting than mines.So,why'd I pick her?Simple.She's been so caring,loving and good to me.She knows how to make a guy feel appreciated and that made me slowly fall for her.I just thought "fuck what people are gonna say.I'm gonna do the unthinkable."Fall in love with her and look where it's got me.I feel more confident and happier.
How long would this relationship last?I dunno.What I know is that I am gonna maintain it as best as I can.I won't say that I'll try because trying is just gonna cover up the fact that you're not confident enough.There are sometimes doubts about whether am I able to make her happy or whether I can make things work out.The only way to clear those doubts is by taking things slowly.One step at a time.One small step for Azrai.One big leap to a better future.Maybe one day when I'm 80 years old and looking like Jack Nicholson,I'll be able to tell myself proudly that I dated a very special person.
Ok.I guess that's enough crapping about my love life.I'm gonna stop while I'm ahead or else I'm gonna start writing mushy mushy stuff that would just melt my own heart like chocolate on a hot day.

Currently listening "Hearts Burst Into Fire" by Bullet for My Valentine.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

few years down the road,when ure somebody and you feel the need to move on,just remember that i loved you for you.
nothing superficial,artificial.
youre perfect as you are.
annoying,rounded and all.
and yes please tell everybody i was the one who hit on you.
and yes i meant that sarcastically.

nicolred said...

Bro,
After this play sentimental songs lah kan?
hee
best of luck

P/S: Everybody has somebody

xoxo
N

deadpool said...

Amy:Why would I want to move on?Maybe if moved on,I'd move on to someone like Megan Fox or mebbe one of those backstreet boys.But right now,there's no reason for me to think about moving on.

Nicol:Hell no.I'm not listening to any mushy songs.

Anonymous said...

may u guys live happily ever after.

deadpool said...

Cb:Thanks,bro.Glory glory morning glory.

Anonymous said...

good for u!!! no wonder u talk to me online less liao coz u forgot this lenglui liao! hahahaha .. just joking...

don't put urself down in any way. she likes u for a reason and u r as good as the next door gorgeous guy! so just have more confidence in urself, dude.

have fun!

NuNu said...

Congrats wei!Wah nice nice ... :P dh jodoh tk kemane :P jiwe jiwe agaga

waNny said...

wahs .. azrai !! mushy mushy ;)

xpayah kt blog .. kt starbucks pun malu2 ngan aku .. ktappppuihhh ..

:D

may u live happily ever after .. and take good care of her oke :)

deadpool playing "i'll never break ur heart" by BSB

kehkehkhekhe ;)

Antabax said...

Hehehe, Azrai. Hebat Hebat.

Anonymous said...

Azrai:Well,I didn't notice.I am kinda slow in trying to pickup things.
Amy:Now you know.

i think it went something like this..

azrai:i'm sorry,i am a damned blardy slow poke.i'm slow at just abt everything.especially DRIVING.if being slow could make money,i'd be a millionaire.
amy:i shall hit ur head with a cup when i see you.

waNny said...

hahahahahha .. jawapan amy sangat marveles !!

AGREE !!

hahahahahah

deadpool said...

Ain't I the popular one here?

To everybody:thanks.Appreciate that.
And geez...don't think I'm gonna get soft ok?

Wanie:Ko sokong sape nih???damn!