Saturday, April 12, 2008

What you give,you get back

Welcome,readers, to another edition of drain bamage. I have no idea why I like to use "drain bamage" instead of "brain damage". It kinda sounds cool when you say it all the time. Like the word "spatula".That's a funny word.And duct tape.And chimichanga.And rebuttal.

Anyways,I would like to write about these words "what you give,you get back".And no,it's not the title of the song sung by Scorpions.That is a crap song which bombed on the music charts years back.Seriously,a song with wordings like that makes for a crappy song.

Ok.Back to my original rambling.What I wanted to say was that have you readers had that feeling that with every good deed that you do,something good will come out of it?Like for instance,you put a measely 5 cents into a charity box meant for the children's orphanage.You might think that your contribution is nothing much and that it won't mean spit.However,if you sincerely put that 5 cents into that charity box,you will definitely get something bigger from that 5 cents.It's true.I once put in 5 cents into this charity box at the mosque and I got something totally unexpected. You see,there was this one time during my practical training days,I was out for lunch with a senior in Deloitte (for those who don't know what a "Deloitte" is,it's an audit firm.It's one of those "Big Four" audit firms in the world). Then, he suggested we go have lunch at Chillis.I said "OK,let's go."But in my heart,I was saying "Oh my fucking God,I don't have enough money on me to get through lunch!Where's an ATM when you need one?".So,I told him that I needed to find an ATM to withdraw money.But he said,"It's OK.It's on me".I was going to say "What the fuck..?" but my better judgment stopped me from saying anymore.I was definitely lucky that day.It made me think.What did I do to deserve something like that?Did I go and save the Olsen twins from getting stalked by the paparazzi?Hell no!Did I help an old lady cross the road?Not in this lifetime.Then,I remembered that I had put in some money in a charity box at the mosque a few days back.I guess that was the reward from God for being sincere in doing charity.

So,dear readers,the moral of the story,if you want to do something,you do it with sincerity.If not you definitely won't get back what you have given.So,kids,please donate sincerely.It won't cause you no harm if you donate.God loves His servants to do good things.

This is definitely not me.Why in the blue hell am I writing something like this?Crap!

Currently listening to "The Man Who Sold the World" by Nirvana.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hallehluyah. the tok guru has spoken. u better listen, folks... or else...erm...no free lunch for eternity? peace b upon us.

nicolred said...

alhamdulilah,
good side of azrai.hihi.clap clap.

Aziatty said...

true indeed..